Ingredients1 h servings 280
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with extra-large paper cupcake liners.
- Beat white sugar, butter, and lemon zest together using an electric mixer in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in ricotta cheese, followed by egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir into butter mixture until just combined; batter will be thick. Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of turbinado sugar over each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out mostly clean with some crumbs, 26 to 28 minutes. Remove muffins from the oven and carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- This can also be made into 24 standard-sized muffins. Set a timer for 15 minutes and check frequently until done when baking.
Per Serving: 280 calories; 11 40.9 5.3 46 196 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Outstanding flavor. My favorite blueberry muffin recipe! The only minor adjustment, a 40 min bake time.
These might work better as a loaf than a muffin. It doesn't make a batter but rather a fairly heavy dough. It was really difficult to get the dough into muffin cups in the first place, and the...