Ricotta-Pumpkin Muffins with Pumpkin Seeds
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 184
Original recipe yields 17 servings (17 muffins)
- Core, peel, and dice apple. Place in a small bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon and 1 teaspoon sugar as if making apple pie. Set 'pie apples' aside until juice begins to run, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pumpkin seeds in a coffee bean grinder and grind to a fine pulp. Place almonds in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to desired size, making chunks as large or small as you wish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 17 muffin tin cups with paper wrappers.
- Mix together yogurt, ricotta cheese, pureed pumpkin, 1/2 cup of pie apples, applesauce, and egg in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in 1 cup sugar.
- Mix together flour, wheat germ, wheat bran, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir in ground pumpkin seeds and smashed almonds; the batter will be very thick and stiff. Fill cupcake wrappers just to the top with batter; do not mound.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use pureed squash instead of pureed pumpkin. And if you'd like, you can substitute more squash puree or applesauce for the pie apples. 1/2 c pureed squash or pumpkin 1 t cinnamon, nutmeg or ground cloves (to taste)
- Plain yogurt can be substituted for vanilla yogurt.
- Either purchase pumpkin seeds or save them after carving pumpkins.
Per Serving: 184 calories; 5.7 29.6 6.5 15 162 Full nutrition