Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 225
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 18 muffin tin cups with cupcake papers.
- Mix brown sugar, all-purpose flour, and cinnamon together in a small bowl for crumb topping. Add butter and press with the back of a spoon or your fingers to incorporate it into the sugar mixture. Mix until crumbly and set aside.
- Toss apples with lemon juice in a large bowl. Mix in sugar, honey, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Stir in oats.
- Combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a smaller bowl. Gently fold flour mixture into the wet ingredients with a large spoon, until flour is just mixed in. Spoon batter into the prepared cupcake papers and sprinkle about 1 teaspoon crumb topping on top of each one.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use whole milk in place of buttermilk, if preferred.
- You can place apples into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 8.2 36.3 3.5 23 192 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1