Lunchbox Fried Rice
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 156
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 cups of fried rice)
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and mix in soy sauce. Add rice and stir until the water returns to a rapid boil, about 5 minutes. Cover and reduce heat to very low. Cook until rice can be fluffed with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and mix in 1 tablespoon butter to prevent rice from sticking to the pan. Let rice cool about 15 minutes, then transfer to a container and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove rice from the refrigerator. Beat eggs together in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over high heat. Add eggs and cook about 1 minute. Add carrots, mushrooms, and onion and cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooled rice and remaining butter to the skillet. Stir until heated through, about 5 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any rice of your choice.
Per Serving: 156 calories; 5.8 21.8 4.1 58 391 Full nutrition