Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Balls
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This family-friendly recipe is a great way to get the kids in the kitchen: while you stir together the quick, healthy DIY teriyaki sauce, the kids can can help make the rice balls. This recipe is also one that you can make ahead and pack for a picnic, lunch, or on-the-road meal. If you prefer to use a microwave instead of the stove in Step 3, simply follow the instructions on the rice package."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Skewer tenders individually and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, soy sauce, mirin, ginger, and cornstarch. Divide sauce evenly into 2 small bowls.
- Brush 1 bowl of soy and mirin mixture evenly over chicken tenders. Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until tenders are cooked through. Remove chicken from oven and brush remaining bowl of soy and mirin mixture evenly over cooked tenders.
- Empty rice into a small saucepan, add 2 tablespoons water, and cook on medium until heated through, breaking up with a spoon and adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water, if needed. Transfer rice to a medium bowl and let cool slightly; add vinegar and mash with a fork until the rice is sticky.
- With wet hands, press and squeeze a heaping tablespoon of rice into a ball. Repeat until all rice is used (about 8 rice balls). Sprinkle rice balls evenly with furikake, gently pressing seasoning into rice. Serve with chicken tenders.
You might also like
- Nutrition Facts per serving:
- Calories 412; Fat 6g (9%); sat 1g (0%); Protein 41g; Carb 46g (15%); Fiber 2g (1%); Sugars 15g (added sugars 13g); Sodium 560mg (28%)