Rice and Bean Bowl Dinner
"This dinner bowl recipe comes together in mere minutes and appeals to vegans and omnivores alike. To bring this meal together even faster, make the avocado-cilantro sauce earlier in the day. We like to keep the corn raw for extra crunch and a fresh flavor, but feel free to use cooked, frozen and thawed, or canned corn kernels, if that's what you prefer."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter in skillet; add rice and beans, stirring frequently. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add water, as needed, to get rice to desired texture. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a blender or mini food processor, combine 1/2 of an avocado, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and lime juice. Blend until sauce is thin. Add water if needed.
- In 4 separate bowls, evenly divide rice and bean mixture, tomatoes, and corn. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of avocado-cilantro sauce. Top evenly with remaining avocado and cilantro. Add 1 tablespoon crushed tortilla chips to each bowl.
You might also like
- Nutrition Facts per serving:
- Calories 472; Fat 19g (28%); sat 4g (18%); Protein 14g; Carb 70g (23%); Fiber 15g (54%); Sugars 6g (added sugars 0g); Sodium 539mg (27%)
ReviewsRead all reviews 1