Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 cups)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add onion, carrots, and celery to pot; saute 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; saute 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add stock and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add chicken, rice, and remaining salt and pepper; cook 3 minutes.
- Combine whipping cream and flour in bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir into soup; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in kale and parsley. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
You might also like
- Note: chopped regular, curly kale can be substituted for baby kale.
- Nutrition Facts per serving:
- Calories 284; Fat 12g (18%); sat 5g (23%); Protein 18g; Carb 27g (9%); Fiber 3g (11%); Sugars 4g (added sugars 0g); Sodium 525mg (26%)