Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 214
Original recipe yields 9 servings (3 8-inch pizzas)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly coat 3 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place warm water into a measuring cup and stir in sugar to dissolve. Stir in yeast and set aside until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Place flour, olive oil, and salt into a large bowl and stir to combine. Mix in yeast mixture and beat with an electric mixer until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 3 equal portions. Roll each portion into an 8-inch disc and place on the prepared baking sheets. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat at least 3 inches of water in a wide, deep pot over high heat; bring to a boil. Add baking soda slowly and carefully into the water, as this will foam and rise. Reduce heat to medium, and add 1 dough disc to the pot; cook for 30 to 40 seconds. Remove disc using 2 spatulas or slotted spoons and transfer back to the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining discs. Gently blot discs with paper towels to remove any excess water. Brush lightly with butter and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake crusts in the preheated oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven; add pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese to each crust.
- Return pizzas to the oven and bake until cheese has melted and is golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use any sauce, cheese, and toppings that you'd like.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of baking soda. The actual amount of baking soda consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 214 calories; 7.3 28.1 8.2 11 2766 Full nutrition