Strawberry Chiffon Pie
6 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h servings 287
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Mix strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Mix gelatin with cold water in a medium bowl to soften. Add hot water to dissolve and set aside to cool, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in strawberries, lemon juice, and salt. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill until the mixture mounds when spooned, about 1 hour. Place a large bowl and electric beaters in a freezer.
- Beat whipping cream using an electric mixer in the chilled large bowl using th chilled beaters until foamy. Add 1/4 cup sugar and almond extract gradually; continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold the chilled strawberry mixture into the whipped cream.
- Place egg whites in a separate bowl and add cream of tartar. Beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat until egg whites are glossy and hold a firm peak. Gently fold into the strawberry mixture.
- Pour filling into the prepared pie crust and smooth out. Place pie in the refrigerator and chill until firm, 4 hours to overnight.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I like minced strawberries in this pie, but if you'd prefer a smoother texture, just crush/mash the berries.
Per Serving: 287 calories; 13 40.6 3.4 20 212 Full nutrition