Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 668
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Season blade steaks with salt and pepper. Coat steaks with flour, shaking off any excess. Reserve excess flour.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to a covered casserole dish.
- Add onions and minced garlic to the skillet; cook and stir until the onion has softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme and 3 tablespoons of the reserved flour; stir until well combined. Slowly pour beef stock and wine into the skillet, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the stock mixture over the steaks.
- Cook, covered, in the preheated oven until steaks are very tender, about 90 minutes.
- While the steaks are cooking, place potatoes and garlic slices into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Add warm milk, melted butter, salt, and pepper to the potato-garlic mixture; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Serve steaks on a bed of mashed potatoes and spoon pan juices over top.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use cross rib steaks if you'd like.
Per Serving: 668 calories; 30.3 68.7 27.8 83 242 Full nutrition