French-Style Apple Rhubarb Cake
20 made it | 0 reviews |
"Made with a very thick vanilla batter, this rustic French dessert cake is simplicity at its best! Chunks of rhubarb are mixed in, and apple slices and sliced almonds are laid right on top. Rhubarb itself is a bit sour, but it makes for the perfect combination with this light and tasty cake. In French, this type of cake is called a 'Gateau Vite Fait' which basically means it can be quickly made!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 384
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch round pan.
- Beat 1 1/4 cups sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until well blended, light, and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla extract, mixing well after each addition.
- Turn mixer to low speed and slowly add in flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing just until combined. Fold in rhubarb.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Smooth the top and place apple slices in a circular pattern on batter. Sprinkle almonds and additional sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool, and serve warm or cold.
You might also like
Per Serving: 384 calories; 15.7 55.9 6.2 100 268 Full nutrition