Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 348
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, salt, and baking soda in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 3 or 4 times to mix. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, 20 to 25 times. Pour mixture into a large bowl. Fold in blueberries, making sure they are well coated with the dry ingredients.
- Beat 1/2 cup heavy cream, egg, and lemon juice together using a fork in a small bowl. Stir into flour mixture and mix just until slightly moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Gather dough in a circle using floured hands, kneading only slightly to incorporate any remaining dry ingredients. Flatten dough into a 9-inch round disc; cut disc into 8 triangles. Transfer scones using a bench scraper to the prepared baking sheets (4 scones per baking sheet). Brush scones with 2 tablespoons heavy cream.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, 20 to 23 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag; snip the corner off of the bag using scissors, and drizzle cooled scones with glaze.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 19.4 39.9 4.7 79 332 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
There are wonderful scones. Great texture and flavour. Better than “Cobs”!! Made with ingredients as listed with the exception of using light cream instead of heavy cream - that was what I had ...
These are delicious! Didn't change a thing. I will definitely make these often!