Strawberry Poke Cake
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 311
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Blend cake mix plus extender, water, egg whites, and oil together in a bowl using an electric mixer until just moistened. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 32 to 26 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberry preserves and pureed strawberries in a medium bowl. Stir in confectioners' sugar and lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Transfer cake to a cooling rack and let cool to room temperature, at least 25 minutes.
- Poke holes into the cake about 1 inch apart using the handle of a wooden spoon. Slowly spread the strawberry sauce over the cake, letting it fill the holes. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The directions for making the cake are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand. Some cake mixes are 16.25 ounces, and some are 15.25, so add the appropriate amount of extender as needed to reach 18.25 ounces.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 10.8 51.3 3.3 0 306 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1