Blueberry Poke Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 322
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Blend cake mix plus extender, 1 1/4 cups water, egg whites, and oil together in a bowl using an electric mixer until just moistened. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 32 to 26 minutes.
- While cake is baking, stir sugar and cornstarch together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add blueberries and lemon juice; cook and stir until blueberries burst and sauce turns a deep purple color, about 10 minutes. Gently mash any berries that did not burst. Remove from heat and let cool until cake is ready.
- Transfer cake to a cooling rack and let cool to room temperature, at least 25 minutes.
- Poke holes into the cake about 1 inch apart using the handle of a wooden spoon. Slowly pour the warm blueberry sauce over cake. Refrigerate until cool before slicing.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The directions for making the cake are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand. Some cake mixes are 16.25 ounces, and some are 15.25, so add the appropriate amount of extender as needed to reach 18.25 ounces.
Per Serving: 322 calories; 10.8 54.2 3.3 0 306 Full nutrition