Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 210
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 ears of corn)
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place chile peppers onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened peppers into a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove stems and skins.
- Gently peel husk down each ear of corn, leaving it attached at the bottom. Remove silk and wrap each ear in chile peppers. Pull husks back up over corn and secure with kitchen string. Soak corn in a large bowl of cold water for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Roast corn on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until kernels are tender and husks are charred, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix softened butter and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove corn from the grill, remove husks and chile peppers. Spread each ear with garlic butter and season with salt and pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If using small Hatch chiles, you will need to use more to have enough to wrap the corn.
Per Serving: 210 calories; 12.6 24 4.7 31 139 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1