Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 210
Original recipe yields 12 servings (3 baguettes)
- Combine flour, yeast, and cardamom in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine 3/4 cup milk, sugar, butter, and salt in a small saucepan and heat to 115 to 120 degrees F (46 to 48 degrees C). Pour into flour mixture and beat using an electric mixer until just moistened. Add egg and beat until smooth. Stir in enough additional flour to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning dough once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Combine blueberries, lemon zest, and lemon extract in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Punch risen dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead fruit mixture into the dough. Divide dough into thirds. Roll each portion into a 16-inch long rope. Place ropes on a 15x10-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Lightly brush ropes with 2 teaspoons milk and sprinkle with almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a bowl for glaze; drizzle over cooled bread.
You might also like
Per Serving: 210 calories; 5.7 35.2 5 25 139 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1