State Fair Ribbon Fudge Brownies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 55 m servings 228
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 brownies)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray the bottom of an 8x8-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, cocoa, and 1/4 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add semisweet and bittersweet chocolate to melted butter and stir until smooth. Remove from heat; set aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar, eggs, and banana by hand until combined, about 1 minute. Add melted chocolate mixture to banana mixture and stir well, about 1 minute more. Mix flour mixture slowly into chocolate, stirring just enough to combine. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 2 hours before cutting.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute 3/4 cup semisweet chips and 1/4 cup bittersweet chips for the chocolate, if desired.
- You can substitute pecans for walnuts and bittersweet chocolate chips for semisweet, if desired.
- If you use all bittersweet chocolate, or more bitter than semi, you won't get the shiny crackly crust. The secret to a shiny crust is to have a higher sugar to fat ratio. Bitter and unsweetened chocolate have more fat.
- Cut with a plastic knife when cool. Brownies don't stick to plastic for some reason. Edges might be harder, so start with a regular knife.
Per Serving: 228 calories; 12.4 29 3 32 89 Full nutrition