Garlic Scape Hummus
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 m servings 98
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 1/2 cups)
- Remove the blossom end and the opposite fibrous end of each garlic scape. Remove any fibrous skin by breaking the scapes into 1-inch pieces and peeling it off. Keep the skin on young and pliable scapes; chop coarsely.
- Place drained garbanzo beans in the bowl of a food processor. Add chopped scapes, tahini, lime juice, and chili powder. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if hummus is too stiff. Pulse until hummus has the desired consistency. Season with salt.
- Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with snipped garlic chives.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I prefer to cook dried garbanzo beans instead of using canned ones. You will need about 3/4 cup dried garbanzo beans, soaked overnight, and cooked until soft. Drain and reserve cooking liquid. Remove skins of garbanzo beans for a smoother hummus and use the cooking liquid to thin out the hummus.
- In this recipe I also used lime juice instead of lemon juice. If you prefer lemon juice like in classic hummus, you can use that.
Per Serving: 98 calories; 6.7 8 2.8 0 266 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Good Stuff!! Made as directed, but used dried beans, soaked overnight & cooked.