Strawberry Compote Cupcakes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 274
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cupcakes)
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a bowl; stir well. Place in a refrigerator until a light syrup forms, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 cupcake cups or line with paper liners.
- Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and food coloring in a large bowl. Add strawberry compote and mix well. Pour in water slowly and mix until batter is blended.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared cupcake cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to wire racks to cool completely, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Beat heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold in cream cheese until smooth. Frost completely cooled cupcakes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use strawberry extract instead of vanilla, if desired.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 16.3 30.2 2.8 61 164 Full nutrition