Banana Split Cupcakes
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 563
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cupcakes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 12 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream sugar and shortening together in a large mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cream butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Slowly add confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time and mix until creamy; the final cup of sugar will not blend smoothly. Add milk until frosting is creamy. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Reserve 1/4 cup frosting in a separate bowl. Divide remaining frosting into 2 equal portions. Add cocoa to one portion and mix until thoroughly blended. Add jam to the other portion and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Pour cream into a microwave-safe container and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add chocolate, butter, and instant coffee granules. Stir ganache until smooth and let sit until thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pipe a ring of chocolate buttercream frosting around the edge of a cooled cupcake; do not pipe too high. Fill in the center with a dollop of strawberry buttercream frosting. Place a banana chip on top and drizzle with ganache. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Because a cupcake has higher proportion of frosting to cake and a smaller surface, the frosting needs to be thicker than you might make for a cake. I pull the spatula up from the cream to check if it forms stiff peaks.
- You may want to add a drop of red food coloring to the frosting to give it extra eye-appeal.
Per Serving: 563 calories; 24.3 86.3 3.3 64 227 Full nutrition