Ingredients20 m servings 263
- Place cubed potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once water is boiling, cook until potatoes are just tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and heat until they start to pop. Add turmeric, coriander, cayenne pepper, and salt. Cook and stir until spices are fragrant, up to 1 minute, watching carefully so spices do not burn. Add onion and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add drained potatoes to the skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir to thoroughly coat the potatoes with the spice mixture. Taste and season with more salt, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Notes:
- For additional flavor, you can add ginger and/or garlic paste at the same time as adding the onion.
- You can add about 1/3 cup frozen peas to the potatoes during the last 3 minutes of boiling, then continue with the recipe as directed.
Per Serving: 263 calories; 10.7 38.9 4.6 0 305 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I adjusted for one person, and chose to use the cayenne pepper as well. The flavors are sublime, and nothing overpowers the blend. However I'm on a low sodium diet, and I think the dish suffer...
Turn out well; However I made changes, LOL! Used adjustment feature for two. Looking at ingredients: List of spices is basically premade Curry powder. So I looked at my curry packets and use...