Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 171
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Combine flour, 7 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in 4 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat egg using a whisk in a bowl. Add pumpkin, sour cream, and ginger; beat until well blended. Stir pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture until a soft dough has formed.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead gently 10 times. Roll or gently pat into a 9x6-inch rectangle. Cut dough into 6 squares. Cut each square in 1/2 diagonally, making 12 triangles.
- Place the dough triangles 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Melt remaining tablespoon of butter and brush over scones. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a scone comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute margarine for butter, if you'd like.
Per Serving: 171 calories; 6.5 25.7 3 30 298 Full nutrition