Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 123
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add garlic scapes, shallot, and ginger. Cook and stir until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Add carrots and stir to coat; cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle cumin, cinnamon, and pepper over carrots and mix well. Cook until carrots have softened, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Pour vegetable broth into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Blend soup using an immersion blender or an electric blender until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute 2 garlic cloves for garlic scapes, if desired.
- If using an electric blender to puree, work in batches carefully, filling the blender only 1/3 to 1/2 of the way full. Leave out the filler center cap in the lid if possible, and place a tea towel over the top for spills.
- This soup tastes great once the flavors meld, so make it ahead if you can!
Per Serving: 123 calories; 6.4 15.1 2.3 15 474 Full nutrition