Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 35 m servings 311
Original recipe yields 12 servings (6 cups)
- Combine almond milk, coconut milk, sugar, corn syrup, and coconut oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring continuously with a whisk, about 5 minutes.
- Add almonds to a high-speed blender. Pour in milk mixture and blend until smooth.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl to remove remaining chunks of nuts. Add pistachio paste, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extract, salt, and food coloring; mix until thoroughly combined. Pour 1/2 of the mixture into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Pour remaining mixture into ice cube trays, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
- Remove ice cube trays from freezer and transfer frozen ice cream to the blender. Add refrigerated mixture and blend until smooth. Pour ice cream into an airtight container and freeze until solid, about 1 hour, or eat immediately as soft-serve ice cream.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you do not have a high-performance blender/food processor, you should soak the almonds first. To soak almonds, either cover almonds with cold water and allow to soak for 6 to 8 hours, or quickly soak almonds by covering with boiling water and allowing to soak in an uncovered container for 1 hour.
- Pistachio paste can be purchased online or made at home.
- If you do not have a fine-mesh sieve, cheesecloth or a thin dish towel can be used to strain the mixture.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 16.1 40.4 3.9 0 149 Full nutrition