Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 454
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 large round waffles)
- Combine maple syrup, ginger, and nutmeg in a pitcher. Set syrup aside.
- Combine milk, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Combine flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture. Add butter.
- Beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until very frothy. Add brown sugar 2 tablespoons at a time and beat until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into waffle batter in 3 additions.
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Cook in the preheated waffle iron until waffle is golden brown and the iron stops steaming, about 5 minutes.
- Serve waffles with spiced syrup.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Cook to waffle iron instructions: longer for crisp waffles, less for soft.
Per Serving: 454 calories; 14.8 74.5 8 94 842 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I added spices to the mix, rather than the syrup. Turned out excellent!