Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 384
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Fill a large pot 1/2 full with water. Add 2 tablespoons kosher salt, peppercorns, and the wine cork; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, place octopus on a cutting board. Using a wooden spoon or meat mallet, pound the octopus multiple times, starting in the middle and moving down each tentacle to tenderize the meat.
- Dip tentacles into the boiling water 3 times, holding them in the boiling water 2 to 3 seconds each time, until the tentacles curl up. Submerge entire octopus in the boiling water. Bring water back to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until octopus is fork-tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill octopus until charred on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, slice into pieces, and place on a serving platter. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, squeeze lemon over top, sprinkle with parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
You might also like
Per Serving: 384 calories; 8.9 10.6 61.9 199 2899 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1