Strawberry Margarita Jam
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 h 10 m servings 78
Original recipe yields 72 servings (9 half-pint jars)
- Inspect 9 half-pint jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until filling is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Mix strawberries, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice together in a large stockpot. Stir in pectin and mix well. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally; continue to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and immediately stir in sugar all at once.
- Return mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir steadily to mix fruit evenly throughout jam and prevent floating fruit, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle jam into the hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any residue. Top with lids and screw rings on tightly.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 5 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and let rest, several inches apart, for 12 to 24 hours. Press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Do not use a food processor to crush the strawberries or you will get puree and the jam will not have a good texture. Use a potato masher.
Per Serving: 78 calories; 0 18.3 0.1 0 < 1 Full nutrition