Peaches and Cream French Toast Bake
Ingredients9 h servings 607
- Spread cream cheese thickly on 1 side of each slice of bread. Cascade the bread in 2 rows in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, peach syrup, and vanilla extract in a bowl; whisk to combine. Pour mixture over bread. Arrange sliced peaches on top. Pour melted butter over the peaches. Cover baking dish and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle pecans on top of bread mixture just before baking. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use peaches packed in natural juice instead of syrup. You can use fresh peaches during the season, just save as much juice from the slicing of them as you can.
- You can use half-and-half in place of milk, if you like.
Per Serving: 607 calories; 35.2 52.7 22.2 308 719 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I halved the recipe as a test for just the two of us. I baked it right away and it was delicious. And, the leftovers were also excellent!
This was a delicious recipe! I used fresh peaches -- sliced them up, placed slices into a pot with some sugar and a bit of water, and made my own cooked peaches with syrup :) I sprinkled the br...
This was ok, but not fantastic. The only thing I did differently was use peaches in lite juice. If I made it again I would double the amount of peaches and use those in heavy syrup.