Peaches and Cream French Toast Bake
"This is a rich, sweet, and savory breakfast or brunch dish. The sweetness of the peaches complements the creamy textures of cream cheese and eggs. Using a full-bodied bread like brioche will add even more flavor to this meal, but anything nice and thick is recommended. Top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and orange zest."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h servings 607
Original recipe yields 6 servings (12 slices)
- Spread cream cheese thickly on 1 side of each slice of bread. Cascade the bread in 2 rows in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, peach syrup, and vanilla extract in a bowl; whisk to combine. Pour mixture over bread. Arrange sliced peaches on top. Pour melted butter over the peaches. Cover baking dish and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle pecans on top of bread mixture just before baking. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, about 45 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use peaches packed in natural juice instead of syrup. You can use fresh peaches during the season, just save as much juice from the slicing of them as you can.
- You can use half-and-half in place of milk, if you like.
Per Serving: 607 calories; 35.2 52.7 22.2 308 719 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1