Shrimp Scampi with Fried Bread
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 569
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine 3 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon garlic, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Stir and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a pan over medium heat. Whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Add shallots and red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add remaining garlic and shrimp. Cook, tossing frequently in butter, until cooked through and pink, about 5 minutes. Press down on the heads every so often to press juices into the sauce. Transfer shrimp to a bowl, leaving pan on the stove.
- Add white wine to the pan over medium heat and scrape up any cooked bits from the bottom. Let liquid reduce by 1/2, about 5 minutes.
- While sauce reduces, peel and de-vein shrimp.
- Add lemon juice, 4 tablespoons butter, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese to the pan. Add Cajun seasoning. Cook, whisking frequently, until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 4 tablespoons butter in a separate pan over medium heat. Brush baguette slices on both sides with reserved oil-Parmesan cheese mixture. Fry the bread in the hot butter until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes. Transfer bread to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add peeled shrimp to the sauce. Stir and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate shrimp over fried baguettes. Spoon extra sauce on top and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
You might also like
Per Serving: 569 calories; 28.3 47.4 29.1 205 1077 Full nutrition