Frankensteined Vegan Cauliflower Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 364
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Chop 3/4 of the cauliflower and set aside. Slice the remaining 1/4 cauliflower and place slices in a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Distribute evenly on a sheet pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, until evenly browned, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic and saute until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Remove 1/2 of the boiling broth and put it into a saucepan. Add chopped cauliflower and simmer over medium heat until cauliflower is tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in peas 5 minutes before serving.
- Add potatoes, celery, and carrots to the remaining boiling broth and simmer over low heat until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the chopped cauliflower and broth mixture from the heat and stir in cashews until soft. Working in batches, pour into a blender until halfway full. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour into the potato and broth mixture. Repeat as necessary.
- Top each bowl with slices of roasted cauliflower.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Chicken broth may be used in place of vegetable broth, but it will no longer be vegan with this substitution.
Per Serving: 364 calories; 22.1 35.1 10.1 0 696 Full nutrition