Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 303
Original recipe yields 48 servings (48 rolls)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a bowl according to package instructions. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- While yeast softens, combine sugar, 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening, butter, egg yolks, egg, vanilla-butternut flavoring, nutmeg, and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat using an electric mixer until creamy and thoroughly combined.
- Combine flour, milk, and yeast mixture in a separate bowl; mix into egg mixture until well combined and a dough forms. Set aside to rise in a warm area until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Knead risen dough down gently; cut into 4 equal pieces. Set the pieces aside and let rise for an additional 20 minutes.
- While rolls rise, beat egg whites using an electric mixer in a mixing bowl until stiff. Add pecans, sugar, honey, and vanilla extract; beat to combine.
- Roll out each piece of dough using a lightly floured rolling pin on a lightly floured work surface, to approximately 13x18-inch rectangles, 1/4-inch thick.
- Spread pecan mixture approximately 1/4-inch thick onto the dough. Roll up dough, beginning from the side. Place rolls 2 1/2-inches apart on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 45 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Mix yeast according to individual package instructions.
- Freezes well to use later.
Per Serving: 303 calories; 19.7 28.6 5.3 31 76 Full nutrition