Twisted Venison Chili
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 506
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add venison and cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a separate skillet. Add sausage and cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Combine venison and sausage in a large pot.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add onion, jalapeno, and garlic and cook and stir until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully transfer mixture to a food processor and lightly blend. Add to meat mixture.
- Lightly blend tomatoes in a food processor; add to meat mixture. Add chili powder, beef bouillon, liquid smoke, cumin, cayenne, and allspice, stirring after each addition. Stir in beer, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and bourbon.
- Bring chili mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low and let simmer until thickened and reduced, about 1 hour.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If thickening is desired, remove 1/2 cup liquid and combine with 1 to 2 teaspoons flour to form a paste. Whisk mixture back into chili.
Per Serving: 506 calories; 24.7 29.4 34.7 108 1346 Full nutrition