Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 458
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat and add mustard seeds; fry until they begin to pop, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in lentils, coriander, salt, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, and cloves. Pour in water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer until lentils are soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix yogurt, cucumber, mint, and garam masala together for the raita.
- Add lime juice and cilantro to the lentils. Serve with the raita.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute broth for water if you'd like.
- Feel free to use chopped cucumber instead.
Per Serving: 458 calories; 13.2 63.3 23.7 2 775 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1