Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 599
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring 2 cups water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef and onion in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer until liquid is almost absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Whisk vinegar and sugar together in a medium bowl. Add carrots, bell pepper, and cauliflower and toss until vegetables are coated with vinegar mixture.
- Puree peas with 2 tablespoons water in the bowl of a food processor until thick and smooth.
- Layer plates with rice, peas, beef, and vegetables.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- For the fastest preparation, the rice, peas, and meat can be cooked and frozen ahead of time.
- On meal day, purchase chopped fresh veggies in produce aisle or from salad bar. You can use 3 cups of any chopped vegetables such as grape tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, or radishes.
Per Serving: 599 calories; 19 79 29.7 70 723 Full nutrition