Melissa's Grandma's Ginger Lace Cookies
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 113
Original recipe yields 60 servings (60 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat 2 cups sugar, shortening, and molasses together in a bowl using an electric stand mixer until uniform, making sure not to overbeat. Add eggs and mix for 30 seconds.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until just combined and dough is stiff.
- Pour 2 tablespoons sugar in a shallow bowl. Form cookie dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar, making sure not to flatten. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies crackle on top for 'lace' design, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Don't overbeat dough, as overbeating makes very flat cookies.
- Don't overbake! They should not have dark edges.
Per Serving: 113 calories; 5.4 15.6 1.1 5 126 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious cookies would like a Little crispier maybe bake a little longer, but if you like a soft cookies thus one is very good. Made a large batch so I’m freezing them