My Nana's Lace Cookies
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"These are delicate lace cookies with an amazing taste! A tradition in our family for Christmas since I was a little girl. These cookies spread to make a very thin wafer, almost transparent. Super easy to make, but be careful, as they can be quick to burn or cool too much on your cookie sheet - and then you'll be chipping the cookies off of your cookie sheet! I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does. Store in an airtight container until serving."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 46
Original recipe yields 96 servings (8 dozen cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, brown sugar, flour, and salt together in a bowl. Stir in melted butter until well blended. Pour in egg and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Drop dough by 1/2 teaspoonfuls, at least 2 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly until firm, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Continue baking remainder of cookies, 1 cookie sheet at a time, according to instructions.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Bake only 1 cookie sheet at a time. Be sure to keep an eye on cookies as they bake, as they can burn quickly.
Per Serving: 46 calories; 2.1 6.6 0.4 7 27 Full nutrition