Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 160
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 filled cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Remove from heat and mix in oats, sugar, flour, corn syrup, milk, vanilla, and salt until well combined. Drop by level teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Spread cookies out thin with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheets.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Peel foil from cookies. Spread melted chocolate on 1/2 of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies.
You might also like
Per Serving: 160 calories; 7.7 22.6 1.7 14 63 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
What a fun cookie to make! I followed the recipe as written. I did have to add about a minute or 2 to get my cookies golden brown. They cooked best on the foil vs. a baking mat. Super thin and y...