Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 533
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 servings)
- At home: Mix cracker crumbs, walnuts, and dill in a resealable plastic bag. Store oil, watercress, water onion, parsley, and soy sauce in individual bags and containers and combine them in a larger, self-sealing plastic bag labeled with recipe instructions.
- On the trail: Place onion in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cook and stir over low to medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsley and water. Cover and steam for a minute or so; stir in the watercress.
- Combine the cracker-walnut mixture with the onion-parsley mixture in a medium bowl to make the stuffing. Stir in soy sauce.
- Stuff each trout with 1/4 of the walnut-herb stuffing. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add trout to skillet, cover, and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes per side.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute watercress with miner's lettuce or early dandelion leaves if you like.
- Use pecans instead of walnuts if you like.
Per Serving: 533 calories; 28.8 34.1 32.5 141 688 Full nutrition