Hearty Chickpea Chili
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This chickpea chili is a basic chili for cooks who are limited on time and cooking experience. I have made this recipe as simple as possible and it can be modified for those of you that like to experiment. I hope you enjoy the recipe and feel free to leave comments. Add extras like shredded cheese or crackers before serving, if you'd like."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 334
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Combine beef, ranch-style beans, tomatoes, light red kidney beans, dark red kidney beans, chickpeas, and chili seasoning in a large pot. Mix with a large spoon to combine; adding no more than 1 cup water to mixture for desired thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring chili to a light boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and cover. Let simmer until cooked down, 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once every 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use ground turkey or wild game meat instead of beef, and either hot or mild chili seasoning.
- This recipe is designed for the amateur cook in mind. Feel free to add and subtract as you would like. The addition of chickpeas gives it a nice meaty texture much like a stew. Great for those cold days or when you are low on time but want to make a fulfilling meal everyone will enjoy.
- For those of you who wish to make a healthy vegetarian chili, simply remove the meat and keep the rest of the ingredients. The chili will still have a full rich taste that is very enjoyable.
Per Serving: 334 calories; 10.2 39 21.4 35 1178 Full nutrition