Puerto Rican Rice and Beans (Arroz con Gandules)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 256
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized caldero or nonstick pan. Stir in sofrito, garlic, sazon, and adobo; cook for 4 minutes, making sure not to burn garlic. Stir in rice until coated well; pour in chicken broth and water and stir once more.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook over medium-high heat until all liquid has been absorbed and rice looks like it has little holes throughout, 20 to 25 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in peas and cilantro gently from bottom to top, once or twice only. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let rice sit, uncovered, for 10 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also use short-grain rice.
- Hint: Add the tops of leftover bell peppers after you pour in the liquid and let it boil! Just want white rice? Just use rice, adobo, liquid, and one teaspoon oil.
Per Serving: 256 calories; 3.8 47.1 7.1 2 1288 Full nutrition