1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients7 h 40 m servings 199
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; place Anaheim and poblano peppers on top.
- Roast peppers in the preheated oven until skins are charred and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add chipotle peppers and cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in enough water to cover the peppers; increase heat to medium-high. Weigh down the peppers with something heavy, like another pot, to keep them submerged. Simmer until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove Anaheim and poblano peppers from the oven. Let cool until easily handled. Peel and discard seeds. Mince peppers and place in a blender with the chipotle pepper mixture, garlic, and onion. Blend until smooth.
- Pour beef broth and beer into a slow cooker. Stir in the blended pepper mixture, salt, cumin, pepper, marjoram, and allspice. Cut lime in half; squeeze juice into the slow cooker and toss in the lime halves. Add roast.
- Cook on Low for 5 hours. Remove roast and shred the meat with 2 forks. Return to the slow cooker and simmer for 2 hours more. Use tongs to serve straight from the slow cooker.
You might also like
Per Serving: 199 calories; 13.1 3.9 14.3 52 608 Full nutrition