Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 10 m servings 134
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Pour beans into a bowl and remove any debris. Rinse generously with water and strain.
- Combine black beans, water, onion, garlic, salt, pork bone, jalapeno pepper, and bay leaf in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on High, stirring at least once after 1 hour, until cooked down and beans are tender, 6 to 8 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Beans do not need to be pre-soaked.
- You can use a country-style rib instead of a pork bone, if desired.
- Final cooking time will depend on your slow cooker and desired thickness of the sauce. Adjust by changing the amount of water and/or cook uncovered for the last 1 to 2 hours.
Per Serving: 134 calories; 0.6 24.9 8.3 0 297 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Entirely fair....I had high hopes for these and made them as recommended. I’ve doe. Better with canned black beans, pepper and Goya sauce....I really like doing them from scratch but it wasn’t ...