Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 489
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until almost crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Layer 1/3 the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, leaving a few 'holes' so cream can seep between layers. Top with 1/2 the onion. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Top with 1/2 the blue cheese, 1/2 the Parmesan cheese, 1/2 the bacon, and 1/2 the thyme. Sprinkle with 1/3 the Cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layering with remaining ingredients ending with remaining 1/3 Cheddar cheese.
- Pour heavy cream slowly over the top, allowing to seep down to the bottom between layers. Dot the top with butter. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are fork-tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove aluminum foil covering. Return to the oven and continue to bake, uncovered, until browned on top, 10 to 15 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 489 calories; 33.9 31.4 16.2 112 526 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was excellent. I did change the blue cheese to mozzarella because my husband is picky. I can only imagine how good it would be with blue cheese. I did put it back in the oven with it off af...
followed recipe as written. very good. would make a great company or pot luck dish. will make again.