Ingredients30 m servings 366
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook tortellini in the boiling water until tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and saute until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Ladle in the reserved pasta water; simmer for about 1 minute. Add tomato puree and continue to simmer until reduced by about half, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cream; simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tortellini and peas, tossing to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley and serve immediately.
- Cook's Notes:
- Finely chopped prosciutto may be substituted for the pancetta, if desired.
- You may substitute frozen peas for the fresh peas; just thaw and cook before adding to the sauce.
Per Serving: 366 calories; 25.5 17.8 15.7 114 473 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This gets five stars for flavor, but only three stars for functionality. The ingredients are off. There isn’t enough sauce for the amount of tortellini. Double the sauce or halve the amount of t...
The flavors are good but the proportion of the "sauce" ingredients aren't sufficient for the 9 oz of tortellini. I had to make a roux on the side to which I added some milk & seasoning, then ad...
I’ve made this twice as the recipe is written and both times delicious. It doesn’t take too many ingredients and it’s actually very quick on a weeknight. I’ve also put the sauce over squash and ...