Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 252
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 boats)
- Place zucchini in a microwave-safe pan, cut-side down. Add about 1 inch of water to the bottom of the pan. Cook in the microwave oven for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Remove zucchini from the microwave and add to the boiling water. Cook until desired softness, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine whole wheat bread, cayenne peppers, jalapeno pepper, bacon, Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, seasoned salt, onion salt, black pepper, and basil in a bowl until filling is combined.
- Drain zucchini and cool until safe to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Scoop out zucchini pulp to about 1/4-inch from the skin and add to filling. Use an electric mixer to mix. Stuff zucchini halves with filling and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle dry bread crumbs on top.
- Broil under high heat until tops start to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The spice can be decreased by using milder peppers.
Per Serving: 252 calories; 16.8 12.1 14.4 47 1075 Full nutrition