Morel Mushroom and Wild Rice Risotto
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 290
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine chicken broth and water in a large stockpot. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling; reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat in a large Dutch oven until butter melts. Add brown rice; cook and stir constantly until toasted, about 5 minutes. Stir in wild rice, 1/2 the morel mushrooms, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until onions are translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in white wine; cook until evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix 1/2 the chicken broth mixture into the rice; stir to combine. Cover and cook over medium heat until thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Pour in remaining chicken broth mixture, remaining morel mushrooms, and thyme. Cover and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring every 5 minutes, until wild rice is tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and heavy cream. Cook until butter is melted, about 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper. Top with Pecorino Romano cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If risotto begins to get too dry, and the rice is still undercooked, add additional liquid, if necessary. On the other hand, if risotto is too runny, cook uncovered until thickened.
Per Serving: 290 calories; 10.6 39.4 7.2 23 932 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1