Corn Chowder for a Crowd
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 20 m servings 202
Original recipe yields 20 servings (5 quarts)
- Combine corn, cream of potato soup, hash browns, onion, chicken broth, bacon, and jalapeno pepper in a large slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to the desired degree. Add cream, shrimp, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on Low for 1 more hour. Serve with generous mugs or bowls.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use 6 cups fresh corn, cut from the cobs, instead of frozen corn.
- If you don't have an immersion blender, you could remove some of the soup, puree it in a blender, and return it to the slow cooker.
Per Serving: 202 calories; 13.5 19.6 5.9 49 460 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe is good, but just doesn't have enough flavor for us. I added some yellow peppers and celery. And I added marjoram, garlic, turmeric and hot sauce. These additions definitely helped...