Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients14 h 35 m servings 372
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place red beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let soak, 8 hours to overnight.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add green bell pepper and garlic and cook 5 minutes more. Add eggplant and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat, and cover skillet; let eggplant mixture cook until barely tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, combine drained beans, crushed tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, cilantro, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper, and cocoa in a slow cooker and stir to combine. Add eggplant mixture from the skillet and stir to combine.
- Cook chili on Low power until beans are tender, about 6 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- This pairs really well with Trader Joe's® cornbread made from the boxed mix.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 2.8 70.7 23.1 0 387 Full nutrition