Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 419
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add rice and cook until golden, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer toasted rice to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil, onion, red bell pepper, and garlic to the Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return toasted rice to the Dutch oven. Stir in broth, wine, water, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until 1/2 the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Stir onion mixture, chicken, and tomatoes into the Dutch oven and cover with a lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro just before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Feel free to use ground chicken in place of chicken breasts, if you like.
- You can speed up the process by cooking the rice separately while the onion and pepper are cooking, then toss all into the Dutch oven at the end.
Per Serving: 419 calories; 10.3 47.4 29 66 953 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Delicious, easy dish. I love any excuse to use my Dutch oven, and this was a good one pot meal to use it for.
Made this for Mah Jongg night with my gal pals and it was a hit. Everyone had seconds. The only change I would make would be to add a little heat to it though if cooking for a crowd, you might...
I substituted parsley for cilantro (tastes like soap to me) and cut back on the garlic. Great taste, taking the time to toast the rice is well worth it. My wife thought it a bit dry but it looke...
This was ok but definitely lacked in seasoning; it was quite bland. It's basically arroz con pollo