3 made it | 0 reviews |
"This smoked egg recipe is incredibly easy. I learned it from a neighbor and it is a fun way to use up the extra space in your smoker grill. The eggs turn a lovely brown color and have a consistency similar to boiled eggs. The insides have a tinted brown color, too. Reduce cook time if you prefer a softer boiled egg."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 63
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 eggs)
- Preheat a smoker grill to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Add wood chips according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Place whole eggs directly on the grate of the preheated smoker. Cook, without turning, for 2 hours, maintaining an even temperature.
- Transfer eggs to a plate and allow to cool completely before peeling. Season with salt and pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Keep the smoker grill at an even temperature throughout the cooking process; sharp temperature changes will burst the egg shells.
- The more smoke you make, the more flavor the eggs will absorb.
Per Serving: 63 calories; 4.4 0.3 5.5 164 87 Full nutrition